In terms of the texture, I would say these have a very similar feel to the Dior Ultra Glosses (see swatches here and here)
The Rouge Coco Glosses also feature a re-designed applicator, which is wider than normal doe-foot applicators and which softly flares out at the end to a bulbous tip. I love this new applicator, as I feel it holds product better and also allows you to more easily and quickly spread product over the lips.
As for lasting power, these last anywhere between 2-4 hours depending on the colour. The more opaque glosses tend to hang on for 4 hours, especially the ones with more vibrant colour. The sheer and light glosses tend to disappear the earliest, if not from wearing off just from absorption into the lips and difficulty in distinguishing light colours on the lips thereafter. Overall, I prefer the glosses that have watery-translucent jelly finishes, as well as the ones that are more pigmented but still a hint of sheerness that gives a softness to the colour and allows a little bit of my lips to peek through. For me, these are a huge thumbs up overall!
Now onto the swatches...
- 726 Icing: sheer milky pale pink
- 119 Bourgeoisie: semi-opaque mauve rose with silver + pink sparkle (similar to Wild Rose)
- 764 Confusion: sheer, watery, translucent berry jelly
- 728 Rose Pulpe: sheer, soft bubblegum pink with multicolour, blue + purple iridescent sparkle
- 172 Tendresse: semi-sheer, medium pink with shimmer
- 738 Amuse Bouche: mostly-opaque, bright, hot pink with superfine shimmer
- 722 Noce Moscata: semi-sheer, pinkish, mauve nude with pearl shimmer
- 716 Caramel: opaque, mauve, rosewood cream with superfine pearl
- 714 Caresse: opaque, caramel-beige nude cream
- 738 Amuse Bouche
- 716 Caramel
- 714 Caresse
- 119 Bourgeoisie
- 172 Tendresse
- 722 Noce Moscata
- 726 Icing
- 764 Confusion
- 728 Rose Pulpe
My favourites are: 119 Bourgeoisie, 764 Confusion and 172 Tendresse.
- 744 Subtil: semi-opaque, pinky coral with gold pearl
- 166 Physical: semi-opaque, medium coral peach with fine gold + yellow sparkle
- 736 Douceur: sheer, milky translucent, peach-coral jelly
- 748 Nectar: semi-opaque, watery translucent, coral jelly (similar to Fleur d'Eau)
- 742 Fragola: sheer, watery translucent, strawberry jelly
- 106 Amarena: sheer, strawberry jam loaded with multicolour sparkle
- 762 Heartbeat: semi-opaque, strawberry pink-red
- 752 Bitter Orange: opaque orange-red with gold shimmer
- 756 Chilli: opaque, cool, cherry red with superfine gold shimmer
- 752 Bitter Orange
- 756 Chilli
- 744 Subtil
- 748 Nectar
- 768 Heartbeat
- 166 Physical
- 736 Douceur
- 742 Fragola
- 106 Amarena
My favourites are: 748 Nectar, 742 Fragola, 106 Amarena, 762 Heartbeat, 752 Bitter Orange. This is probably my favourite colour grouping in general...which I'm sure ain't gonna come as a surprise to long-time readers ;)
The third group of swatches are golds, rusty coppery reds and vampy darks.
- 774 Excitation: sheer, sunny, yellow gold with shimmer (1/3 "transforming" shades for use over Rouge Coco lipsticks)
- 712 Melted Honey: sheer, soft, warm gold with multicolour silver, gold, green + pink shimmer
- 776 Impulsion: sheer, tangerine orange with fine gold shimmer (2/3 "transforming" shades)
- 724 Burnt Sugar: semi-sheer, rusty, coppery red
- 754 Opulence: semi-opaque, cranberry red with gold and red shimmer
- 772 Epique: mostly opaque oxblood burgundy
- 766 Caractere: semi-sheer, translucent, berry-grape jelly
- 768 Decadent: semi-opaque, deep blackberry
- 778 Caviar: sheer, watery-translucent, grey jelly (3/3 "transforming" shades)
- 772 Epique
- 768 Decadent
- 724 Burnt Sugar
- 754 Opulence
- 766 Caractere
- 774 Excitation
- 712 Melted Honey
- 776 Impulsion
- 724 Burnt Sugar
- 778 Caviar
My favourites are: 754 Opulence and 766 Caractere.
And that's a wrap! I love the new Rouge Coco Glosses and definitely prefer them over the old Glossimer formula - they are hydrating and feel smooth, plush and non-tacky on the lips, yet they also adhere well to the lips and last an average of 3 hours, which is pretty normal for a typical gloss. My favourites overall are: 748 Nectar, 106 Amarena, 764 Confusion, 742 Fragola, 119 Bourgeoisie, 172 Tendresse and 762 Heartbeat. For more swatches, check out The Beauty Lookbook and Temptalia!
Have you tried the new Rouge Coco Glosses?
Do you have any favourites?
Let me know in the comments!
xx Georgia Grace